Bequests and Wills
A bequest is a gift made through your will or trust. It is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can support Nebraska Public Media.
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest -- a gift through a will or trust -- is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or Nebraska Public Media as part of your estate plan.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
Recommended Language/Beneficiary Designation Information
Should you wish to include Nebraska Public Media in your will, the following language may assist you and your attorney:
"I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath ____ (a percentage of the residue of your estate, specific dollar amount, or a specific asset such as a bank account, stock, or real estate) to the Nebraska Public Media Foundation located at 1800 N. 33rd St., Lincoln, NE 68503 for its general purposes or as the Foundation Board of Directors may direct."
The Nebraska Public Media Foundation is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our federal tax identification number is 86-2239027.