What you see and hear on Nebraska Public Media is different from other broadcast stations, and it's what sets us apart from other media.
While commercial TV and Radio stations rely on ratings, Nebraska Public Media works to provide every Nebraskan with programming and services that promote culture, education and citizenship. We measure our success in terms of impact.
Messaging on public television and radio is not a straight "spot" buy, and it's not "advertising." It is a powerful synergy of community engagements, corporate philanthropy, branding/market position and strategic partnership.
Join the organizations throughout Nebraska who have found that supporting Nebraska Public Media programs, educational resources and outreach is good business.
Let our team help you create a customized, multi-media marketing campaign that delivers.
Contact Your Representative Today
Questions about supporting us?
Learn more about Nebraska Public Media
Nebraska Public Media is a vital "piece" of your marketing campaign with unmatched benefits in comparison to other media.
By virtue of supporting Nebraska Public Media, the connection you build with our audience affords your business the “halo effect” - viewers and listeners assign the same level of trust and integrity to your business as they do PBS and NPR.
- 75% of listeners have taken action in response to a public radio sponsorship message
- 68% believe PBS Sponsors are committed to quality and excellence
- 55% view PBS sponsors as industry leaders
- 66% of listeners prefer to purchase products and services from public radio sponsors
- 66% feel PBS sponsorship is more trustworthy than advertising on other networks
- 59% of viewers pay more attention to sponsor messages than ads on commercial networks
Each month, more than 1 million people watch, listen and click on Nebraska Public Media.
Winning the hearts of our viewers and listeners pays dividends for supporters through a highly engaged audience:
Business They own businesses and are decision-makers in professional careers
Education They prioritize education and lifelong learning
Economy With discretionary income, they have immense purchasing power
Arts Their passion for the arts translates into attendance, donations and creative work
Community They lead and participate in community initiatives
Government They work for the federal government and related positions in the private sector
Your message will be crafted to suit your marketing and public relation needs, while complying with FCC regulations (Section 399B) applicable to non-commercial stations. Spots must also adhere to PBS and NPR guidelines, as well as local Nebraska Public Media feel and tone.
- Describe your business
- Include your corporate logo, business location, website or toll free number
- Identify your products or services
- Feature an established slogan that identifies, but does not promote
- Express your corporate philosophy
- Contain video or animation
- Express your support of Nebraska Public Media and its programming
- Contain a call to action
- Provide price or value information
- Provide endorsements or inducement
- Use qualitative or comparative language such as efficient, luxury, economical, reliable, dependable, quality, or excellent.
Click below for further information on Television and Radio Sponsorship Guidelines:
Nebraska Public Radio complements NPR programs with local news and information Nebraskans have come to know and rely on.
- Most listened-to news programs "Morning Edition" and "All Things Considered"
- Deeper thoughts on a news breaking topic with "On Point"
- Local classical music of "Morning and Afternoon Concerts" and "Classics By Requests"
- "Friday Live", spotlighting community-based arts and performances
- Weekend fun with "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me" and "Ask Me Another"
- Interviews and unusual insights with "Fresh Air"
Nebraska Public Radio FM:
NPR and local news; classical music and entertainment programs
Nebraska Public Radio HD-2:
NPR news and jazz at night
All Nebraska Public Media Radio spots are :15 seconds in length and are read live on the air by our talented professionals.
Spots start with identifying funder preamble “Support for programming comes from…. “
Rates are based upon daypart selected.
News when you need it. Entertainment when you want it. Education when it counts.
Nebraska Public Media offers one-of-a-kind Television programming:
- Award-winning educational children’s programming including "Sesame Street", "Curious George" and "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood"
- Local productions including "Backyard Farmer", "Big Red Wrap Up" and "Nebraska Stories"
- Unique documentaries including "Ken Burns: Country Music", "Beyond the Baton", "Nebraska Volleyball: Destination Omaha" and "Nebraska State Parks: Explore Your Parks; Discover Our Past"
- Nebraska School Activities Association (NSAA) High School Sports Championships
- Collegiate sports including Husker Volleyball, Husker and Creighton Baseball
- In-depth news coverage through "PBS NewsHour", "Washington Week" and "Frontline"
- Top PBS programs including "Masterpiece", "Antiques Roadshow", "Call the Midwife", and "Finding Your Roots"
- Wednesday Science night with "Nature" and "NOVA"
- Arts, Music and Culture through "Great Performances" and "Austin City Limits"
- Agriculture updates through Market-to-Market and Market Journal
- News and Politics including "Speaking of Nebraska" , Political Debates and Legislative coverage
All Nebraska Public Media Television spots are :30 seconds in length.
Rates are based upon daypart selected.
Free “basic” spot production included with all spots. This includes utilizing your company video or photos for content to create your message.
Creating a spot for usage on our network?
Click here for our Video Production Guidelines:
In addition to touching our audience through radio and television, Nebraska Public Media reaches thousands in Nebraska every day through netNebraska.org.
Digital options include:
- 300x250 (square)
- 300x50 (short) size
- 728x90 (wide banner)
All digital opportunities are available run-of-site (CPM)
Nebraska Public Media uses Google Analytics to provide accurate metrics on impressions and click-throughs
All online creative and messaging must adhere to Corporate Support Guidelines
Accepted formats: GIF, JPG
Max File Size: 30K Standard
Have a story you think Nebraska Public Media might be interested in? Please email us with any story you'd like to submit for consideration.
We would love to hear from you!