Try these commands with Alexa / Fire TV:
"Alexa, Play NPR"
"Alexa, Play NPR from Nebraska"
"Alexa, Play NPR from Nebraska Public Media" (works w/ Fire TV)
"Alexa, Play Nebraska Public Media Classical"
For our Jazz station:
"Alexa, Play Nebraska Public Media HD2" or "Alexa, Play Nebraska Public Media News Slash Jazz"
"Alexa, Play Morning Edition" (requires NPR Skill)
The NET Nebraska Alexa skill allows you to play our live radio stations and on-demand audio through your Alexa-enabled device.
To enable the NET Nebraska skill, you can:
- say "Alexa, enable the N.E.T. skill" to your device,
- visit the skill page here and click the "Enable" button (make sure you’re logged in with the Amazon account you use on your device),
- or search for "NET Nebraska" in the Skills section of the Alexa mobile app
When opening or interacting with our Alexa skill, always use the individual letters N - E - T. If you say "NET" as one word instead of the individual letters, Alexa won’t know you’re trying to use our skill.
Here’s some of the things you can do with the NET Nebraska skill:
- Play live radio from one of our stations, including:
The News & Classical station. This is our over-the-air broadcast channel that's available on radio stations throughout Nebraska (see list of the stations here). To play this station:
"Alexa, tell N.E.T. to play the Classical station"
or use the call letters of your local station:
"Alexa, tell N.E.T. to play K.U.C.V." or "Alexa, ask N.E.T. to play K.R.N.E."
"Alexa, tell N.E.T. to play N.P.R."
You can also play the News & Jazz station - our alternate HD Audio stream, featuring some different NPR programming and jazz music at night:
"Alexa, ask N.E.T. to play the jazz station" or "Alexa, tell N.E.T. to play H.D. 2"
- To find out what's currently airing on the radio stations:
"Alexa, ask N.E.T. what's on now"
- Play our locally-produced shows and podcasts on-demand:
"Alexa, tell N.E.T. to play [showname]"
- See what shows are available:
"Alexa, ask N.E.T. what shows I can play"
- Resume playback when paused:
"Play" or "Resume"
- When playing on-demand audio, skip to an older or newer item:
"Alexa, previous" or "Alexa, next"
- Get information about the currently playing item:
"Alexa, ask N.E.T. what’s playing"
- Get information about what’s playing next:
"Alexa, ask N.E.T. what’s next"
Note for Sonos One customers: a bug in the Sonos One device prevents Alexa skills that use the Amazon audio player (such as NPR One and the NET Nebraska skill) from outputting audio correctly. Their engineers are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it.
Try these commands with Google Home:
"OK Google, Play NPR from Nebraska"
"OK Google, Play Nebraska Public Media"
For our Jazz station:
"OK Google, Play Nebraska Public Media HD2"