Daniel Wheaton is the data reporter for the Midwest Newsroom, a collaboration of public radio stations in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri. Prior to joining Nebraska Public Media, Daniel was a graphics and data reporter at The San Diego Union-Tribune and host of the paper's daily news podcast. He is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Recent News Stories
- Midwesterners Are Breathing Smoky Air From California Wildfires, Research Shows
- Will You be in a New Congressional District Next Election? Check Out This Map
- Proposed 2nd District Changes Could Swing Electoral College Vote
- Here's Why Nebraska isn't Showing up on National COVID Case Maps
- Nebraska, Neighboring States are Becoming More Diverse
- Census: Omaha Metro Area Inching Closer to 1M Population
- Should a "Posting Index" be a New Economic Indicator?
- Firework-Related Injuries, Deaths Were Up Last Year
- Report: Midwestern Metros are Now Part of New "Global Heartland"
- 78% of All Nebraska Counties Saw Their Populations Shrink This Decade
- Explore the vaccine rollout in the Midwest using this map
- Midwestern Renters Missed Out on Falling Rents During Pandemic
- North, South Omaha See Home Price Gains
- Hoping to Buy a Home in 2021? Be Prepared for a Strong Sellers' Market