Back to Discover Watch On Demand
Back to Discover Listen On Demand
Back to Discover News
Daniel Wheaton is the data reporter for the Midwest Newsroom, a collaboration of public radio stations in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri. Prior to joining Nebraska Public Media, Daniel was a graphics and data reporter at The San Diego Union-Tribune and host of the paper's daily news podcast. He is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Recent News Stories
- Can a state organization charge $44,000 for emails? A lawsuit may answer that question.
- Which political candidates opted not to debate in 2022?
- New Report Shows Nebraska Continues Downward Abortion Trend
- Analysis: Voter Turnout Suggests '22 Gov. Race Has Echoes To '14 Contest
- Map: Nebraska Republicans Voted Along Geographic Lines
- Here's a State-by-State Look at how Abortion Access Could Change if Roe V. Wade is Overturned
- In 2014, Ricketts Won The Gubernatorial Primary with Just 60K Votes. Will 2022 be Just as Close?
- Some Small Nebraska Towns Passed on Federal COVID Money Rather Than Fight Red Tape
- Boosted Nebraskans are 46 Times Less Likely to be Hospitalized with COVID
- Midwesterners Are Breathing Smoky Air From California Wildfires, Research Shows
- Billions of Infrastructure Funds are Coming to Your State, Here’s Where it’s Going to be Spent
- Work is Changing, But Pay Gap Between Men and Women Remains Hard to Narrow in Nebraska, Nationwide
- Will You be in a New Congressional District Next Election? Check Out This Map
- Proposed 2nd District Changes Could Swing Electoral College Vote
- Here's Why Nebraska isn't Showing up on National COVID Case Maps
- Nebraska, Neighboring States are Becoming More Diverse
- Census: Omaha Metro Area Inching Closer to 1M Population
- Should a "Posting Index" be a New Economic Indicator?
- Firework-Related Injuries, Deaths Were Up Last Year
- Report: Midwestern Metros are Now Part of New "Global Heartland"
- 78% of All Nebraska Counties Saw Their Populations Shrink This Decade
- Explore the vaccine rollout in the Midwest using this map
- Midwestern Renters Missed Out on Falling Rents During Pandemic
- North, South Omaha See Home Price Gains
- Hoping to Buy a Home in 2021? Be Prepared for a Strong Sellers' Market