Bill Kelly oversees production of Nebraska Public Media's news documentaries and reports for radio. Most recently, Bill produced documentaries on rural law enforcement, Nebraska floods, and the COVID-19 pandemic. The Michigan native joined Nebraska Public Media in 1990 and has a special interest in covering the courts and criminal justice system. An Emmy award-winning journalist, Bill graduated from Purdue University. He worked at television stations in Lafayette, Indiana, Wichita, Kansas and Omaha.
Recent News Stories
- Graffiti artist finds work on street mural a legal and satisfying outlet for art
- Business finds beauty and profit in recycled glass
- Prison-bound CSI housed no differently than other inmates.
- Ex-CSI chief Kofoed sentenced to prison
- Martial arts cage match fighting adjusts to state regulation
- Nebraska Niobium mine 4 to 5 years away.
- Medical Marijuana law change unlikely in Nebraska
- Cabela's sales exceed estimates.
- Shuttle safely delivers Nebraska's Anderson back to earth
- Astronaut Anderson checks in with NET from Space Station
- Space Shuttle Discovery blasts off with hometown hero Clay Anderson
- Astronaut's family tries to make life on earth "routine."
- Nebraska astronaut eager to return for Space Station visit
- Space walk will be highlight for Nebraska Astronaut
- Nebraska astronaut ready for 2nd shuttle mission
- CSI Commander Guilty of Evidence Tampering
- Kofoed defense rests
- Kofoed trial preview
- Crime Scene Investigator faces new evidence tampering allegations
- Offensive slang targeted by Kearney students
- NASA Delays Nebraska Astronaut 's Mission
- York Boasts Lowest Property Taxes
- Wayne State Women's Rugby